[Asterisk-Users] RE: SOLVED: No audio when dialing in via PRI with Q.SIG

Peter Olsson peter.olsson at visionutv.se
Wed Apr 26 06:27:11 MST 2006

When inserting Ringing() before MeetMe()-conference picked up the call, everything works like a charm. I guess the PRI needed to see the ringing status before the call was answered. This is however never needed when dialing a SIP-extension or similar.

I have also an update considering bad PRI b-channel numbering. It seems that only my first 15 channels actually work. Then our PBX tells Asterisk it should open channel 16, when it according to Asterisk should be 17, since 16 is the D-channel. This mismatch then follows all the way up to the last channel. I've read some stuff about Q.SIG. And according to that information Q.SIG has the posibility to renumber b-channels, but Asterisk doesn't seem to care about that. I have connected our PBX to other PBX'es before, so I do know that the PRI/Q.SIG actually works with other implementations. For now I have changed chan_zap.c so that it loads the channels differently, when it configures the prioffset parameter, I just lower it by one, if it's greater than 15. This actually solved all my problems, and now both incoming and outgoing calls works just fine.

I know this is not a good solutions in the long run, but it will have to do for the time being :)

Mvh
Peter Olsson
Visionutveckling AB