[Asterisk-Users] Registering to H.323 Cisco gatekeeper

Nils-Anders Duesund Nøttseter nilsan at linpro.no
Wed Apr 26 05:21:23 MST 2006

I'm having trouble registering my asterisk to a cisco gatekeeper. I do
not have control over the gatekeeper, and I know that it has user info
defined in an LDAP. I have a user name and a password that I can use,
but I can't seem to get Asterisk to register on the gatekeeper.

I can't find exactly how I'm supposed to define the gatekeeper in the
h323.conf file. This is the response I get in Asterisk:

  == Registered channel type 'H323' (The NuFone Network's Open H.323
Channel Driver)
  == H.323 listener started
Error registering with gatekeeper "<ip address>".
Apr 26 12:37:59 ERROR[10237]: chan_h323.c:2374 load_module: Gatekeeper
registration failed.

The box is supposed to be a SIP/H.323 converter.
--
Nils-Anders