[Asterisk-Users] Hi...Please help me

Crazy Boy crazymoonboy at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 04:55:58 MST 2006

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Basically, I follow "O Reilly AsteriskTFOT.pdf" book and some other eBooks. They have mentioned how to install Asterisk in server. But, they have not mentioned

   What I have to install in client PC's?
   What hardware I need?
   How can I take decission to buy extra hardware (like Zaptel products) OR no need of buying extra hardware? ( I will be using Asterisk for 70 PC's and a server)
   Is it sufficient to buy hardware for server only OR for client PC's also?
   How can I connect my VoIP phone to server?
   How  can I connect hardware to server?
   How can I connect PSTN line to server PC?
Please guide me to complete this task.
Waiting for your response. Thank you.

Regards,
Chandra.

Gonzalo Servat <gservat at gmail.com> wrote: On 4/24/06, Crazy Boy  wrote:
> Hi Friends,

[..snip..]
>                 -------> Employee 1 PC (Softphone i.e., Headphones with Mic)
>                 -------> Employee 2 PC (Softphone i.e., Headphones with Mic)
>                 -------> Employee 3 PC (Softphone i.e., Headphones with Mic)
>                 ------->    ------
>                 ------->    ------
>                 -------> Employee 10 PC (Softphone i.e., Headphones with
> Mic)
>
> and vice versa.
>
> How can I implement this? Is it possible to implement this using "Asterisk"
> software? If It can be implemented using "Asterisk" software, What softwares
> I should install in Server and Employee PC's? Is there any need of buying
> extra hardware?
[..snip..]

It can be done with Asterisk. For the server side, you would need to
install Asterisk on your Fedora 5 box, Zaptel and lots of Wiki
reading.

I don't recommend using softphones for your employee PCs. It looks
like an attractive solution at first (from a cost perspective) but in
reality it's not very practical (at least that was my experience).
Buying 5 x 2 port ATAs will cost you around $300-$350 which is not
really expensive considering the kind of powerful PBX you will have at
your disposal. I would have suggested some Digium hardware for the FXS
(extensions) but I think it will be a lot more expensive (for 10
extensions) than the ATAs solution. You could also look into a channel
bank, but again it will be more expensive than the 5 ATAs. As for the
FXO (incoming/outgoing PSTN) I recommend buying Digium hardware
(TDM400P).

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Regards,
Gonzalo.