[Asterisk-Users] Trying to set up automatic announcement upon transfer for IVR in AAH 2.8

Carl Youngblood carl at youngbloods.org
Tue Apr 25 20:25:53 MST 2006

I am running AAH 2.8.  I have an IVR for our main phone number that
allows users to dial an extension directly.  I would like to have a
"this call may be recorded" announcement played before the call gets
transferred.  There is not a built-in option for this in the IVR web
interface, but one way I can do this is to create ring groups for each
user with announcements and modify the dialplan to dial the ring
groups instead of the extensions.  The question is, where do I do
this?  What part of the dialplan should I modify to make it substitute
a ring group for the dialed-in extension?

Sorry to post on the asterisk users list, I know AAH is not exactly
related, but there is something wrong on their forum right now.  I
can't post there, even though I'm logged into sourceforge.

Thanks,
Carl