[Asterisk-Users] Really Old Rotary Phone

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Tue Apr 25 12:47:54 MST 2006

Sean Cook wrote:

> Well it works!  The pulse detection is a little squirrelly, even with
> the debounce changes to wctdm.c.  I can't get an audible ring but it
> does work.
>
> Sean

By "audible ring" do you mean you can't get the phone to ring?

If that is the case, and you have tried connecting the yellow wire to
Green, then to Red, then more information is needed about the phone itself.
Contrary to information posted earlier, the Yellow wire  often is
needed, and was only connected to ground in 2 party service ( remember
party lines? )
Contact me off list if need be.
If you  mean audible ringback, that is an Asterisk issue,

John Novack