[Asterisk-Users] Help on chan_misdn and MSN's

Cosmin Prund cosmin at adicomsoft.ro
Tue Apr 25 12:41:23 MST 2006

Quick question:
Is there a way to distinguish between calling MSN's when using chan_misdn?

More info:
I've got my ISDN2 (EuroISDN) up and running here in Romania with 1 base
number plus 5 MSN's. Now I want to my * to do different things when
receiving a call on from different MSN's (like forwarding the call to my FAX
machine or forwarding the call to my mobile).

The obvious way of doing this would be to set up different "sections" in the
misdn.conf file for the same port (I only have one port), using different
settings for the msns. Unfortunately it seems that the channel driver will
only remember the last section it sees for a given channel so I can only use
"*" as the msn - and that defeats the purpose.

If any other info is required I'll happily provide it. I'm not including any
other info at the moment because I'm unable to "filter" the list myself and
the list of things I've been doing today is veeeeery long (starts with
downloading kernel 2.6.16.11 off kernel.org, patching for mISDN, downloading
chan_misdn, compiling everything... waaay too long list, most of it
irrelevant)