[Asterisk-Users] Really Old Rotary Phone

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 08:24:35 MST 2006

On 4/25/06, Sean Cook <scook at kinex.net> wrote:
> This worked perfectly! Thank you!
>
> Sean

Now, I think the question is, does your ATA actually support
rotary/pulse dialing? Mine (SPA-2000) did not. I bought a (very cheap)
MITEL-1 "Smart Dialer" and went through a RIDICULOUS amount of pain
trying to configure it to convert from pulse to DTMF dialing, and it
did sort of work although I never seemed to be able to get it
configured exactly the way I wanted it.

I ended up getting a TDM400 with a couple of FXS modules (which I had
been needing to get anyway), and that worked perfectly after patching
the pulse-dial debounce code in Zaptel (although I believe the newest
version of Zaptel already comes with the needed changes).

If there are ATAs that support pulse dialing, I'd like to know about
it, because now I would like to be able to use my pulse phone in
locations other than the physical location of my Asterisk machine with
the TDM400 card in it. So if you find that yours works, could you
please let me know?

Thanks,
Rusty