[Asterisk-Users] No sound in one calling direction, men using PRI with E1 and Q.SIG

Peter Olsson peter.olsson at visionutv.se
Tue Apr 25 04:07:57 MST 2006

I've been trying lots of configurations now. And the problem that I
can't solve is this:

I have a Digium T205P card. I have connected one of the connections to
our internal PBX (NEC 2000 IPS). The Asterisk is configured as pri_cpe,
and the NEC is configured to be the network side of the connection. Both
ends are using b-channels 1-15 and 17-31, the d-channel is on 16.

When I start everything, the link is ok on both ends, and it says that
the D-channel is up (on both ends).

Now, when I try to dial from our internal PBX to the Asterisk, the call
connects ok, but there is no sound. But when I dial from the Asterisk to
our NEC PBX everything works just fine, and the sound is working
perfectly.

One more strange thing is that when I dial from the NEC to Asterisk,
every time a new B-channel is connecting the call (which I guess is
normal). But it NEVER uses channel 31, it skips from 30 to 1. But then
it seems to try to connect the call on channel 16, which is the
D-channel(!), and that of course fails. Both ends seem to be setup
correctly, and since the D-channel is initialized correctly, both ends
must be using the correct channel for this, but still Asterisk tries to
connect the incomming call B-channel on channel 1-30, instead of
1-15,17-31.

Could this be caused by something in the Q.SIG protocol?

I have used the NEC PBX with other PBX's, using Q.SIG. And everything
has been working just fine.

I've tried to look at the PRI debug output, but not much help there...
What information is needed from me to get any help with this?

Best regards,

Peter Olsson
Visionutveckling AB