[Asterisk-Users] SIP HEADER FROM: without CALLERID(name)

Thomas Winter thowinter at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 25 03:40:48 MST 2006

Am Tuesday 25 April 2006 11:24 schrieb Olle E Johansson:
> 25 apr 2006 kl. 00.24 skrev Thomas Winter:

> >> Just a guess, try:
> >>

> >> SET(CALLERID(name)=" ")
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Asterisk will use this space.
> > -> FROM: " " <sip:CALLERID(number)@domain.tld
>
> We do insert "asterisk" when we have no caller ID name. In what
> situations don't you
> want a caller ID name at all? I am a bit curious here, in order to
> understand.
>
> Regards
> /Olle

Hi,
I have an gateway provider.
He accepts mynumber in the displayname:
FROM: "mynumber" <sip:mynumber at domain.tld>
or not using the displayname and number  at all:
FROM: <sip:anonymous at domain.tld> if I do not want to show mynumber on the
called POTS phone.

With * I have allways an displayname in the FROM field and can not disable
showing my CALLERID to the called phone.

best regards

Thomas