[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Delay

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Mon Apr 24 21:23:42 MST 2006

Hey everyone,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction for this.
Currently we have two offices, all using Polycom 601 Revsion E I think.
All have the same configurations and firmware versions.

The differences:
Office A: public IP address.
Office B: NAT (router has a static IP)

Office A: Same state as the asterisk server (Michigan)
Office B: Wisconsin

Office A: T1 network to the colo where the asterisk server is located
Office B: Wireless connection (2 tower hops I think) (our wireless
connection, we are a small ISP) to our backbone to the colo

Okay, so calls going to and from office A have no problems at all.
Office B is having a bit of a delay (about 5 seconds before the CLI
shows the call is even started). The odd part is, it only happens when
they are making an outbound call. Incoming calls go directly to them
without any problems. Both offices for external calls use our PRI we
have installed and all interal are SIP. I think also internal calls are
having the same problem, but that I haven't had a 100% sure answer if it
is or isn't, but I know for sure the PRI calls are.

My question is, does it sound like the phone is causing the problem, or
the network being NAT, wireless connection, or both having more to do
with the problem. While I know it isn't an answer you can say, hey this
is the solution, I would like any input or experience that anyone has
had with a problem like this.

Thanks
Kevin