[Asterisk-Users] Re: Some questions re. T1 cards & QoS

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 18:57:37 MST 2006

On 4/24/06, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
> hugolivude wrote:
>
> > 1)	Will I need a digital or analogue interface card?  I expect digital
> > is the answer, but the Digium web site said something about analogue
> > cards being able to support "provider T1 lines" whatever that means,
> > so I was thinking about a TDM2400P because I want on board echo
> > cancellation.  BTW the connector on the TDM2400P is a new one for me,
> > how do you connect to it?
>
> Where does it say 'provider T1 lines'? If it says that, it is wrong. The
> only current Digium cards that can accept a T1 circuit are the TE110P,
> TE205P/210P and TE405P/410P (plus their echo-can-module variants).

Funny you mention that Kevin.  I was on the web site this morning and
I saw it here:
http://www.digium.com/en/products/hardware/analogcards.php

Later on the same day, that page had changed.  The text was gone and
the TDM2400P & TDM400P had swapped positions...

> > If I have to go digital, which of the TE series do I need?  Again, I'm
> > looking for echo cancellation and 1 T1 line.  The TE110P offers a
> > single span T1, but no echo cancellation…
>
> Normally doing echo cancellation in software is not a huge burden for
> only a single span, unless you have echo that the software echo
> cancelers cannot cancel. Digium does not currently offer a digital
> interface card with echo cancellation except in the 4-span density.

So a 4 span, is 4 T1 lines (wow).  With a single span, I'd set
echocancellation=yes or similar in zapata.conf?

Thx,