[Asterisk-Users] Faster Sound Files

Michael Wallette mike at gecko-ak.org
Mon Apr 24 17:21:05 MST 2006

I have used audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/) to stretch/shrink sound files for non-Asterisk applications.  It's overkill for what you want (it's actually a multi-track audio editor with various effects), but it will let you adjust tempo and pitch independently of each other.  For minor adjustments on CD-quality sound files, you can tell that something is just a little off, but the effect isn't too bad.

--Mike