[Asterisk-Users] [Issue] Does the *-pbx cmd page honour the absolute timeout value?

Peter J Dean peter.john.dean at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 16:32:34 MST 2006

I had an incident, whereby the caller didn't either hang-up their SIP
phone properly or the disconnect/hang-up information didn't properly
find their way back to the Asterisk-PBX and it left the company phone
system in intercom mode with about 90 phones overnight (624mins, CPU
utilisation was running much higher than normal until i used the
meetme kick <channel> all command, which restored everything back to
normal).

Would the Asterisk-PBX command Page() honour it (i had a quick look
at the app_page.c source, nothing stood out to me)?

i.e.
n,Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=60)
n,Page(SIP/701&SIP/702&SIP/703&SIP/704&SIP/705&SIP/706&SIP/707&SIP/
709&SIP/710|q)

using;
asterisk-pbx v1.2.7.1