[Asterisk-Users] answer delay

Peter J Dean peter.john.dean at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 15:49:32 MST 2006

You are stilling going to need to answer the call before you can play
any message or music or other.

Here is a start for you.

So lets look at it logically;

- Advise the caller of the charges and conditions.
- The caller must has a option to acknowledge they understand and
accept the charges
- (Optionally) The caller has can repeat the charges and conditions
message.

This no leads us towards a simple IVR system. Below is an example,
and you will need to clean it up.

You can use the ResetCDR() command to reset the time used, and
continue from there.

So, extending on the below (untested, but you get the general idea);

[context_askcustomerbeforechargingthem]
exten => xxxxxxxxx,1,Answer
exten => xxxxxxxxx,n,Playback(audio)
exten => xxxxxxxxx,n,Playback
(press_one_to_accept_the_charges_and_conditions)
exten => xxxxxxxxx,n,Playback
(just_simply_hangup_if_you_do_not_wish_to_proceed)
exten => xxxxxxxxx,n,WaitExten(5)
exten => xxxxxxxxx,n,Playback(out)
exten => xxxxxxxxx,n,Hangup

exten => _1,1,Playback(thankyou_for_selecting_our_service_or_whatever)
exten => _1,n,ResetCDR()
exten => _1,n,Goto or do whatever next from here