[Asterisk-Users] Question about Asterisk realtime

Tielin Xu TIELXU01 at noa.nintendo.com
Mon Apr 24 14:44:18 MST 2006

Avi:

I got login failed message from x-lite.

I checked asterisk log, I got following:
res_config_mysql.c MySQL RealTime: Retrieve SQL: SELECT * from
sip_peers where name = '2826'
res_config_mysql.c MySQL RealTime: Everything is fine.
res_config_mysql.c MySQL RealTime: Failed to query database. Check
debug for more info.
res_config_mysql.c MySQL RealTime: Query failed because: Table
asterisk.sip_peers doesn't exist
chan_sip.c Registration from tester<sip:2826 at 10.2.67.32> failed for
10.2.67.26.

10.2.67.32 is my asterisk IP address
10.2.67.26 is my x-lite phone  IP address

I checked mysql, FreePBX did create the table named as sip with
username as a field, instead of sip_peers under asterisk with name as a
field.

I could not find sip_additional.conf on my linux, I don't know why my
linux doesn't have one.
FreePBX did store the extension information into table sip, without
updating sip.conf, or sip_additional.conf.

I'd like to use FreePBX, it seems some setup inconsistency with
Asterisk RealTime,  do you know any other good admin tool for Asterisk?

Thanks,

Tielin

>>> avi.miller at squiz.net 04/24/06 2:03 PM >>>
Tielin Xu wrote:
> I noticed that there is no ip address stored for my softphone in
Mysql,
>  how does the Asterisk  know which computer my softphone is running?
> checked the config files, no softphone registrations in sip.conf.

freePBX stores your phone information in sip_additional.conf and does
not use Asterisk Realtime. Asterisk knows what IP address your phone is

on once the phone registers with the Asterisk server. To see if your
phone is registered, run 'sip show peers' at the Asterisk console and
see if Asterisk sees your phone's IP address.

cYa,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Melbourne / Sydney / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   2/340 Gore Street    T: +61 (0) 3 9486 0411
   Fitzroy, VIC         F: +61 (0) 3 9486 0611
   3065                 W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>