[Asterisk-Users] Question about Asterisk realtime

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Mon Apr 24 14:03:03 MST 2006

Tielin Xu wrote:
> I noticed that there is no ip address stored for my softphone in Mysql,
>  how does the Asterisk  know which computer my softphone is running? I
> checked the config files, no softphone registrations in sip.conf.

freePBX stores your phone information in sip_additional.conf and does
not use Asterisk Realtime. Asterisk knows what IP address your phone is
on once the phone registers with the Asterisk server. To see if your
phone is registered, run 'sip show peers' at the Asterisk console and
see if Asterisk sees your phone's IP address.

cYa,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Melbourne / Sydney / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   2/340 Gore Street    T: +61 (0) 3 9486 0411
   Fitzroy, VIC         F: +61 (0) 3 9486 0611
   3065                 W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>