[Asterisk-Users] Some questions re. T1 cards & QoS

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 12:56:57 MST 2006

I've been asked to assess the cost of implementing Asterisk with a
single T1 line in one of our offices.  I've had plenty of experience
w/ TDM400 cards, but T1 is new for me so a couple of questions:

1)	Will I need a digital or analogue interface card?  I expect digital
is the answer, but the Digium web site said something about analogue
cards being able to support "provider T1 lines" whatever that means,
so I was thinking about a TDM2400P because I want on board echo
cancellation.  BTW the connector on the TDM2400P is a new one for me,
how do you connect to it?

If I have to go digital, which of the TE series do I need?  Again, I'm
looking for echo cancellation and 1 T1 line.  The TE110P offers a
single span T1, but no echo cancellation…

2)	Any recommendations on a good QOS router?  I'm using a Lynksys
router running Sveasoft currently for my 15 user TDM system, but I
think I'll need something more industrial strength for the new
installation.  Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Hugh