Pinouts for T1/E1 crossover cable WAS "RE: [Asterisk-Users] whatcable to connect a legacy PBX to a TE410P ?"

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Mon Apr 24 09:47:43 MST 2006

If you want to fry your cards attach both sides to ground, I don't know
about the engineering specs but 'floating' one side has always
eliminated ground-loops, and the possibility of lightning damaging the
cards. As a rule I always ground the side furthest from my equipment as
I want the lightning to go that-a-way!!!

Electricity is lazy by nature and always tries to find the shortest
(least resistive) path to ground. I make sure that my CPE uphill for the
spike..