[Asterisk-Users] outbound calls to sip urls

Jon-o Addleman jonathan.addleman at mail.mcgill.ca
Mon Apr 24 07:31:11 MST 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 04:46:29PM +0530, Ajit spake thusly:
> Hi,
>  I wish to use the manager API to make an outbound call to a sip
> url,subsequently play a prompt and hangup.Any hints on how to acheive
> this/feasability will be much appreciated.

I'm no expert, but it looks simple enough to me - just use the originate
action to call with something like this:

Action: Originate
channel: SIP/bla at bla.com
context: testcontext
extension: extensiontosendtheprompt
priority: 1

So that extension will just send the prompt and then hang up.

--
Jon-o Addleman - http://redowl.dyndns.org