Shielding of T1/E1 cables WAS RE: Pinouts for T1/E1 crossover cable WAS "RE: [Asterisk-Users] what cable to connect a legacy PBX to a TE410P ?"

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Mon Apr 24 07:29:31 MST 2006

My telco used cat5 as well for the demarc to CPE. It's also with noting that
many channel banks, such as my Atlas, and zapata.conf itself also have
parameters to allow you to tune the gains to compensate for cable signal
loss. I've never had to touch them, and my CPE is about 300 feet from the
PRI demarc (with an ordinary Cat5 cable connecting them)