Pinouts for T1/E1 crossover cable WAS "RE: [Asterisk-Users]whatcable to connect a legacy PBX to a TE410P ?"

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Mon Apr 24 03:54:00 MST 2006

I think it is correct. Isn't that why they call it a Smart Jack? I've
only ever seen a regular cat5 cable used from the Smart Jack to the
device (router/PBX/CSU/DSU/whatever).

I believe the point of the smart jack is, amongst other things, to allow
for the use of readily available cables.

I agree however that "back-to back" (PBX-PBX etc) you would need a
cross-over cable.

Mark