[Asterisk-Users] Need help with getting EXTEN from pstn hunt group

Jim Freeze asterisk at freeze.org
Sun Apr 23 08:22:14 MST 2006

On Apr 22, 2006, at 9:02 PM, Leo Ann Boon wrote:

> Jim,
>
> You might want to be a little more specific:
> a. You want to find out which line the call came in on, OR
> b. The actual PSTN number that was dialed

As I think about this more, and considering the solution you provide,
I think there is still a problem. Let me re-explain.

I have four numbers on a hunt group:
Zap/1-1 234-1000
Zap/2-1 567-1002
Zap/3-1 567-1003
Zap/4-1 567-1004

The published number that everyone calls is 234-1000.
I want all calls to that number to be sent to the front desk.
That means, that even if the 1000 line is busy, and the next
open line found is 567-1002, I still wan the call to go to the
front desk.

But, if someone calls 1002-1004, I want those calls to be
directed to various phones in the office.

So, it seems that it is not sufficient to know what zap channel the
call comes in on, but we need the number dialed by the caller.

Is this possible to do?

Thanks

--
Jim Freeze