[Asterisk-Users] Connecting to a cluster of SIP servers

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Sun Apr 23 01:36:03 MST 2006

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006, billy at kersting.com wrote:

> 1. Add the IP's into your sip.conf and set qualify=yes.

Ick, that's quite horrible :)
And rather defeats the point of DNS - I'd need to know if any of the IPs
were changed.

I'm wondering if there are any bad side effects to hacking
sip_poke_noanswer() to re-do the DNS lookup when a host goes unreachable.
That way it'd also work for situations where the remote machine has
updated it's DNS to point at a different server and then taken the
original server down.

--

  - Steve