[Asterisk-Users] TE410P card connection (was: Pinouts for T1/E1 crossover cable)

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex+lists-asterisk-users at apartia.org
Sun Apr 23 00:39:27 MST 2006

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 11:59:21AM -0400, Alexander Lopez wrote:
> Can't anyone stop self-promotion and tell the poor guy what he needs.
>
> A T1/E1 X-over cable using an RJ-45 (8-cond.) is pinned out as follows:
>
> 1 - 4
> 2 - 5
> 3 - NU
> 4 - 1
> 5 - 2
> 6 - NU
> 7 - NU
> 8 - NU
>
> NU = Not Used
>
> I have not in my experience seen any problems with using a Good Quality
> Cat5 vs. Cat 3 (telco standard) cable for X-connects.  YMMV, but you
> should be fine. As far as the shielding goes, I use UTP cables and
> Connectors all the time and some of my X-connects run over 100 feet.

Thanks for the info!

Should I use a T1 cross cable to connect the telco's socket to the
TE410P card?

When I tried straight cat5 cables, both leds remained red at each end.
However this E1 socket works fine with the Matra PBX, so it must be a
cable problem or TE410P misconfiguration.

Thanks,

Here  is my configuration:

/etc/zaptel.conf:

	span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4