[Asterisk-Users] Need help with getting EXTEN from pstn hunt group

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Sat Apr 22 19:02:51 MST 2006

Jim,

You might want to be a little more specific:
a. You want to find out which line the call came in on, OR
b. The actual PSTN number that was dialed

An example:
- assuming a hunting pstn number 2341000
- 4 lines in a the group: 2341001, 2341002, 2341003, 2341004
- The 4 lines, are connected to your TDM card as Zap/1, Zap/2, Zap/3, Zap/4

If you want to find out which line was actually called, put each line
into a different context in your zapata.conf, e.g.

context=pstn_2341001
channel=>1
context=pstn_2341002
channel=>2

In your extension.conf, you'll need something like
[psnt_2341001]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten =>s,2,Set(DNID,2341001)
exten =>s,3,Goto(defuault,s,1)     ; Jump to normal processing

[psnt_2341002]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten =>s,2,Set(DNID,2341002)
exten =>s,3,Goto(defuault,s,1)        ; Jump to normal processing

But, if you want to get the original hunting number 2341000, you'll need
to use an ISDN line.

Hope this helps.

Leo