[Asterisk-Users] Orative

Dovid Bender asteriskdigium at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 22 11:29:33 MST 2006

Never heard of them but the concept seems pretty good. I didnt look at the pricing but I asume that they will a chunk of thier money on the calling side (i.e. calling both parties and connecting them etc.). Another chunk on software and set up. I think such a solution is workable for asterisk however you would have to have good programing skills, lots of time. It seems the best way to go about it would be to run asterisk real time along with an external application that works with asterisk that keeps track of all users, thier status etc. So in the long run it is possible but it may take a little time. Also you would have to think of what you can offer that this company already dosent. (you can include this as an option when you build some one an asterisk system but is it worth all the time an effort etc. ?)

Dean Collins <Dean at collins.net.pr> wrote:
        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Has anyone heard anything about these guys? Anyone seen anything like this?

  http://www.orative.com/solutions.php

  It’s seems very cool, basically uses GPRS as a digital overlay on your mobile phone for additional functionality such as presence and IM though I’m sure they have some other functionality (voicemail access, call announce etc) coming down the pipeline.

  Any thoughts, how hard would it be to build something like this from scratch for the asterisk platform?

  Regards,

  Dean Collins
  Cognation Pty Ltd
  dean at cognation.net