[Asterisk-Users] Re: what cable to connect a legacy PBX to a TE410P ?

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex+lists-asterisk-users at apartia.org
Sat Apr 22 08:40:34 MST 2006

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 08:09:13AM -0700, Paul Mahler wrote:
> A T carrier cable is not the same as an ethernet cable. A T carrier
> cable uses a real metal shielded RJ-45 and loosely twisted pair wire.
> With most modern T carrier equipment, you can use a CAT-5 ethernet
> cable  instead of a real T carrier cable. A T-carrier crossover cable
> does not  have the same wiring pattern as a crossover ethernet cable.
> With an  older piece of equipment like the Matra, I would be tempted
> to purchase  a real T carrier crossover cable. This is covered in my
> book, by the way.

I'm just back from the client's site and failed to perform any tests.

When connecting with a straight cat5 cable to the telco's E1 socket I
got a red status led and RED alarm on the TE410. However when
reconnecting the PBX's cable, the telco's socket led went back to green.

On the other hand, I tried connecting the PBX's cable to the  TE410 and
got a green led and REC status.

What could be wrong?

My /etc/zaptel.conf:

	span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4