[Asterisk-Users] RE: SPA 3000 - UK Replacement

Steven asterisk at stedaniels.co.uk
Sat Apr 22 03:31:23 MST 2006

First off I am totally annoyed and let down by PC World Business (PCWB part
of the Dixons Group). I ordered one of these babies from them over a month
ago. After constantly chasing them up they finally told me they couldn't
deliver, and have now only just returned the money they "stole" from me. I
only bought from them because they showed a 4-day availability stock level!

Now I'm screwed as it seems these are impossible to come by in the UK now
since Sipura decided to discontinue it..

Now my back to my subject. Does anyone know of a decent replacement for the
SPA3000. I need at least 1 FXO and 1 FXS but am willing to pay for 2 FXS on
the same unit. What I'm looking for needs to be of a likable price to the
SPA3000 which in it's hayday was retailing for around £70 at some outlets.
I'm primarily looking for something network attachable. But could stretch to
USB or PCI if the price was right..

I'm steering away from PCI cards as they seem to have terrible issues with
UK analogue lines such as not being able to detect hang ups.. (Also; the
server I'd ideally like to add this capability too, has no free PCI slots..)

Thanks for your time,

Steve Daniels

(I've been trying to send this for ages but crappy outlook keep sending it
from another of my email accounts despite the fact that I keep setting it to
send it via the correct one!)