[Asterisk-Users] Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch recommendations

Cory Andrews Cory at VoIPSupply.com
Fri Apr 21 13:49:30 MST 2006

The Edgewater Networks 2402 is affordable, supports IEEE 802.3af and will
also power Cisco legacy phones.  Also does VLAN tagging and other L3 stuff.
Here's a thumbnail

    * Automated setup when used in conjunction with EdgeMarc and EdgeView
    * 24 x 10/100 Mbps Autosensing Ethernet ports
    * 2 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Autosensing, Ethernet uplinks or high speed
server ports with RJ-45 or SFP Fiber connectors
    * In-line Ethernet power (802.3af) with automatic power device detection
    * In-line power for many legacy (non-802.3af) IP handsets
    * Per port optional power sourcing
    * Full wire-speed forwarding
    * L2/L3/L4 traffic management
    * 802.1Q VLAN support
    * 802.1p based Quality of Service (QoS) with priority queuing
    * Link aggregation (802.3ad)
    * Complies with IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u, IEEE802.3x and IEEE802.3af
    * Broadcast storm control
    * Management: integration with EdgeView NMS and support for SNMP, RMON,
http, Telnet and DHCP

Cory Andrews
Executive Vice President
++++++++++++++++++