[Asterisk-Users] Separating Asterisk SIP extensions from dialing each other.

Rick Smith rick at rtps.net
Fri Apr 21 07:41:01 MST 2006

This is coming from an * noob. :)

I've got two customers, they both are replacing their phone systems with
VOIP, and we need to retain both their existing dialplans.

One has 5 extensions starting at 100, and the other has 10 extensions,
starting at 100.

Is there a way to have the same extension number twice in the same
asterisk system ?

They will have different incoming DIDs of course.

I don't want them to be able to see / hear / feel / dial each other
internally, either.  They must remain completely independent.

If anyone's got pointers in a Wiki or PDF somewhere, let me know.

Thanks