[Asterisk-Users] roundrobin strategy in queues not working as described?

Jim Rice jim at bydesignpublishing.com
Fri Apr 21 09:45:04 MST 2006

I have set up an operator queue for our receptionist.
That way, if she takes a break or is out, by logging out of the queue,
calls to the "Operator" can be handled by other agents.

I have set strategy = roundrobin in queues.conf.

According to "the book" ATFoT, roundrobin always starts with the first
agent in the queue.  This is the desired result.  I want all calls to
start there, and if she is busy or does not answer, calls should go to
the next agent logged into the queue.

Yet, I am seeing it behave as if it were "rrmemory".

I called the Operator while she was not busy, and it rang the other
agent.  I called again, and this time it came to her.

*CLI> show queue operator
operator     has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'roundrobin' strategy (1s
holdtime), W:0, C:1, A:4, SL:0.0% within 0s
   Members:
      Agent/200 (Not in use) has taken 1 calls (last was 173 secs ago)
      Agent/110 (Unavailable) has taken no calls yet
      Agent/246 (Not in use) has taken 1 calls (last was 302 secs ago)
      Agent/140 (Unavailable) has taken no calls yet
   No Callers

Any ideas?

--
Jim Rice