[Asterisk-Users] AAH or Fedora an Asterisk by sources

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Fri Apr 21 03:58:36 MST 2006

Install from sources.  Run only Asterisk on the production machine, no extra processes.  If you must have databases, GUI, AGI and ... put those on another machine and call them across the network.  Also, I am not sure how much it helps, but eliminate asterisk modules you will not use by using noload= in modules.conf.  chmod 444 the files that you do not want to overwrite on the production box (zapata.conf, zaptel.conf, xxx_addtional, ...)

If you like A at H, install it on a test machine.  Make all of your configs there and then copy the .confs to the production server (I use WinSCP to copy and also keep a set of copies in Source Safe.)

Thanks,
Steve