[Asterisk-Users] some EICON Diva 4BRI questions

David Waugh David.Waugh at eicon.com
Fri Apr 21 03:33:20 MST 2006

Hello Klaus,

Normally, Diva Server adapters are operated as terminal equipment. In
this case, they derive their timing from the signal received from the
NT, for example PSTN or PBX, and use this derived timing to synchronize
their transmitted signal. If you use the Diva Server adapter as network
termination, it generates the timing from which the terminal equipment
derives its timing and synchronization.

Thus TE=Slave
And NT=Master

I haven't tried spandsp and a V-Series card as the card was not designed
for fax applications. As a result it has never been tested. If you want
to fax with the card then we would recommend a normal Diva Server card.

It would probably work in a pass through scenario as just audio is being
relayed by the card. However, I have not tested this and could not
comment if this will work with a V-BRI card.

Bascially if you are looking to do pure voice, then use a V-Series card.
If you want to do anything more than voice, then use a normal Diva
Server card.

Kind regards
David