[Asterisk-Users] some EICON Diva 4BRI questions

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Fri Apr 21 03:30:18 MST 2006

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> On Fri, April 21, 2006 11:45, David Waugh said:
> > 6. Difference between V-4BRI and 4BRI: As far as I understand the 4BRI
> > is the better (more expensive) card which also offers FAX on/offramp.
> > Nevertheless I can use V-4BRI for faxing when using spandsp. Both cards
> > do support onboard echo cancellation. Are this assumptions correct?
> >
> > The difference between the Diva Server V-Series and the normal Diva
> > Server cards is that you can only use the V-Series for Voice
> > applications. You can not fax with a V-Series card. If you try and fax
> > with a V-Series card you will get an error.
>
> Using spandsp and V-4BRI does not work?

That will work. It's just that the on-board fax capabilities won't work, but
any other software fax will work like with other cards.

> What about a pass-through scenario:
>
> PSTN <-2xBRI-> Asterisk <-2xBRI-> oldPBX

No Problem! I have this running with 2 4BRI cards:
 PSTN <-4xBRI-> Asterisk/OpenPBX <-4xBRI NT-mode-> old PBX

> Does Asterisk with the V-4BRI allows to pass through fax calls (or other
> data calls) from the PSTN to the old PBX?

Yes, but bridge=yes should be used to pass trough without Asterisk/CPU.

> > 2. " ...install the isdn4k-utils-devel package...". What is isdn4k ?
> > I'm a little bit confused about what I have to install.
> >
> > This is just a package that contains the capi.h file that is needed to
> > compile the chan_capi-cm driver.
>
> btw: libcapi20-dev on debian ;-)

exactly!

Armin