[Asterisk-Users] Call recording

Wai Wu wwu at Calltrol.com
Thu Apr 20 19:36:05 MST 2006

I notice those options. However, I was looking to start the recording through a third party control program. I know I can do this via chanspy, but is there better way?

________________________________

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com on behalf of Jon-o Addleman
Sent: Thu 4/20/2006 9:40 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Call recording

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 07:41:48PM -0400, Wai Wu spake thusly:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to record a call conversation starting in the middle of
> the call? I know I can recording whole conversation with mixmonitor, but
> I prefer only recording certain part of the conversation. Thnx.

>From http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Dial:

#  w: Allow the called user to start recording after pressing *1 or what
#  defined in features.conf (Asterisk v1.2.x); requires
#  Set(DYNAMIC_FEATURES=automon)
# W: Allow the calling user to start recording after pressing *1 or what
# defined in features.conf (Asterisk v1.2.x); requires
# Set(DYNAMIC_FEATURES=automon)

See the rest of that page for more about it. I haven't used it myself,
but it looks like what you need!

--
Jon-o Addleman - http://redowl.dyndns.org