[Asterisk-Users] TDM2400P

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Thu Apr 20 12:36:12 MST 2006

blackgecko wrote:

>We just bougth a tdm2400p with all the modules for FXO, but we are
>having some troubles with the card, cause it aparently is stripping
>some digits from the dialed number, we tested the same server with a tdm400 and everything worked as expected.
>
>We´ve already added "w" before the dialed number with no results, is there any way to solve, is it a bug

Asterisk does NOT listen for dialtone before dialing. Many consider that
a bug, or a design defect. Unfortunately no one who has the skills in
coding to fix that sees it as an issue.
Multiple  w's may fix it if that is really the problem.
Remember that w to wait before dialing ONLY works in DTMF. If you are
forced or want to use pulse dialing, too bad.  w doesn't work in that case.
You may want to monitor a line while dialing out and see if that is
really the problem, though I would think it should be there with the
TDM400 as well.

John Novack