[Asterisk-Users] How to stop Asterisk picking up my incoming calls?

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 07:10:50 MST 2006

>   I was able to configure (Incoming Calls) through AMP to make asterisk
> answer my line after 3 rings and forward it to an extension. However, I was
> unable to disable that feature?

In AMP, go on Maintenance->Config Edit

In you zapata-auto.conf (assuming you used genzaptelconf), change the
context for this line
"context=from-pstn" to "context=from-pstn-noanswer".

Then, in extension_custom.conf add this context

[from-pstn-noanswer]
exten => s,1,Wait,3   ; Wait 3 seconds, to get callerid
exten => s,2,Hangup

this will make Asterisk ignore the incoming calls but at the same time
will give you the list of callers in your CDR

N.B.: you have to restart Asterisk to make those changes apply

hth