[Asterisk-Users] Ring a grop of extension, then playback a file, then transfer to external number

Don Pobanz asterisk at hastingsutilities.com
Thu Apr 20 07:09:16 MST 2006

Andre Courchesne - Consultant wrote:
>     A call comes in from a Zap line. 5 SIP extension ring if nobody
> picks up, the call is transfered to a cell phone number. That works.
>
>   I not want to add a playback of a file ("Please waite while you are
> being transfered") before transfering the call to the cell phone.

I did not completely understand what you are asking but have you tried
something like:

   exten => 662,1,Dial(SIP/123&Sip/124,24)
   exten => 662,n,playback(wait-while-try-cell-phone)
   exten => 662,n,Dial(Zap/g1/CellPhoneNumber)

This would try ringing your sip devices for 24 seconds and if no one
picked up would then play the message 'wait-while-try-cell-phone' and
then would dial the cell phone.

Don Pobanz