[Asterisk-Users] Playback(something,noanswer) on Zap?

Dmitry Ivanov dimss at telecentrs.lv
Thu Apr 20 04:32:06 MST 2006

Hi!

Our telco routes multiple numbers through PRI to our Asterisk. Not all
of these numbers are in use. I have noticed recently that someone keeps
calling unused phone number from outside world. I called them and asked
why do they call dead number. The person on the far end explained that
she keeps calling this number because she hears "busy" tone every
time...

Most telcos these days provide verbal in-band notification in case if
number does not exist. Those nice female voices. People do expect this
behaviour from their phones. People no longer accept beeps as "number
does not exist" signal.

First thing I've tried was Playback(invalid). The problem was that
asterisk answered incoming call. This should not happen when caller
does not reach his/her destination.

Next, I tried Playback(invalid,noanswer). This time, Asterisk did not
answer the call. But there was no sound!

Apparently, Playback(invalid,noanswer) does not work with Zap/PRI. Is
this bug?