[Asterisk-Users] Fwd: sip.conf and jump from register to the extension

tom digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 16:21:07 MST 2006

Thomas Winter wrote:
> I have done additional tests, because the documentation sample was not 100 %
> identical to my register command.
>
> OK:
> register => 44198:password at provider.com/200
> This jumps to 200, s is also working
>
> NOT OK:
> user:password at provider.com/200
> It looks for extension user and is ignoring 200 or anythink else
>
> I think the non numeric username is the problem.
>
> Yes, I have done an restart of Asteriks after changing the sip.conf.

Excuse me for sounding silly, but isn't the extension you mark at the
end sent to your provider as the extension that they should use when
calling you (ie. in the authentication statement, the remote server
tries to connect as 200@<yourhost-ip> ) which is why some providers with
broken sip implementations require you to have a specific extension
after the /.

ie. the extension they call on, is not neccesarily what is stated in the
register statement, that's just the extension you've told them to call
you on.

Do a sip debug provider.com in the asterisk CLI to see what happens when
the call comes in.