[Asterisk-Users] Meetme codec translation and callerID library.

tom digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 11:12:26 MST 2006

Can Meetme be made to work with G.729? (I gather not)

If a call comes in (internally or externally), the call comes in as a
G.729 call, which then re-negotiates to a G.711u call when if gets
transferred to a MeetMe room.

Is there a way to set up asterisk that will allow me to have internal
phones renegotiate to G.711, with the external lines instead transcoding
within asterisk.
(runtime is more available than bandwidth).

Also, does anyone know if there's a way to dynamically alter incoming
Caller-IDs to add Caller ID text to them.

ie. call comes in with ID 01234 567890 gets changed to "A Company"
<01234 567890> ?

This will be with a lot of numbers, so a pile of conditionals in the
extensions.conf file wouldn't really be a good solution.