[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 501 resource full problems ...

Anthony Rodgers Anthony_Rodgers at dnv.org
Tue Apr 18 21:23:46 MST 2006

You can change the storage method on the Polycom phones from using
NVRAM to VRAM to increase the number of entries (limited to 25 with
NVRAM according to the Polycom Admin Guide) that a phone can store.
The relevant setting is dir.local.volatile.2meg=1 or
dir.local.volatile.4meg=1, depending on the model of phone you have.

You then need to set dir.local.volatile.maxSize to a value between 1
and 100 to set the limit of the VRAM directory.

Don't forget this note from the manual: "When the volatile storage
option is enabled, ensure that a properly configured boot server that
allows uploads is available to store a back-up copy of the directory
or its contents will be lost when the phone reboots or loses power."

Hope this helps.

Regards,
--
Anthony Rodgers