[Asterisk-Users] Call Center with No TDM components

Abhimanyu Rapria Abhimanyu at Synotek.com
Wed Apr 19 07:08:00 MST 2006

Hi ALL,

I am trying to implement call center with no TDM components.

I started with <ITSP> SIP <VICIDIAL/ASTERISK> SIP <SIP PBX>

Transcoding and Recording is being done at <VICIDIAL/ASTERISK> Dialer and
load average is >  1.5 for 12 agents and pacing of 1.1 to 1.2

Problems are being faced at dialer with regards to Voice Quality, cal Drops,
Conference mixing

Now i want to shift transcoding to a transcoder but looking for ethernet
transcoder

Also want to know if using IAX somewhere in architecture will help - and if
their are free IAX softphones

Also worried about IAX ITSPs in India. Primus provides it so we are looking
for backup.

Appreciate all your help. And please do provide any different successful Non
TDM architecture you know off.

Many Thanks

Abhimanyu