[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and 7960s

dave davemsharp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 03:57:58 MST 2006

Hi,

I have got my setup almost how I would like it now, but I have just
two last remaining issues that I cant seem to find answers too so i'd
be grateful if someone could help?

1) Since upgrading my Cisco 7960 SIP phone to P0S3-08-2-00 the phone
now displays the IP address of my asterisk server alongside the caller
ID of the incoming call. For example "0123456789 at 192.168.0.1", rather
than "0123456789" as before. Is there any way to stop this? All
incoming calls come via the asterisk server so I would prefer it to
not display it.

2) I have set up an external directory on the phone which is linked to
an XML file on a web server. Is it possible to get the 7960 to display
the name given in the external directory for an incoming call? At the
moment it just displays the callerid at ipaddress as detailed above.

Thanks for any help you are able to give

Dave