[Asterisk-Users] UK Asterisk sound files

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at ohens.org.il
Tue Apr 18 15:17:22 MST 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 09:30:36PM +0100, Steve Kennedy wrote:
> I have made available the base Asterisk sounds (i.e. as included with
> Asterisk) in male UK English in gsm format. They are released under the
> Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
>
> They are available as a single compressed tar file via: -
> http://www.tel.net/
>
> The Asterisk sounds (as in the seperate distribution) will be made
> available soon under the same license.
>
> If required SLIN or other formats could be made available (they were all
> recorded at CD quality in a professional recording studio).

Any chance of a better license?

http://people.debian.org/~evan/ccsummary.html describes why Debian
considrs version 2.0 of the same license problematic. The reasons
mentioned are pragmatic reasons (of the sort of: the license may forbid
you to transmit the sounds over an encrypted connection).

>From what I understand, version 2.5 is still not DFSG-free, though I
have no good refefrence for that yet.

-- Tzafrir