[Asterisk-Users] Help Getting Local Exchange Dialtone on PRI

Christoph Adomeit Christoph.Adomeit at gatworks.de
Tue Apr 18 08:50:06 MST 2006

Hi there,

i have a Problem with dialtone and a TE401P Card. I swear I surfed
the wiki, the mailing list and google for 4 hours and did not find the
solution, can you help me ?

In Germany I have an E1-Line and an Alcatel 4200 PRO PBX.

Without using asterisk I dial the "0" on an Alcatel Phone and have
the local exchange dialtone, then I can dial. Most users do not dial
en block, they dial number by number.

Now I have put an asterisk-server between the PRI and the Alcatel
and everything works fine and transparent, the only thing that is
missing is the dialtone after dialing "0".

My users are confused about this.

Do you have an idea how i can simulate the former behavior and provide the
local exchange dialtone to the user ? I have found out that i hear
the dialtone after a long time when i dial an empty number. But I
cannot  use disa or something like that because the alcatel
phones don't do Tone-Dialing but some kind of inband dialing.
And I want en block dialing to also work because lots of applications dial
en block.

Basicaly I configured:
zapata.conf
[channels]
immediate=no
switchtype=euroisdn
overlapdial=yes
signalling=pri_cpe
..
group=1
context=telekom
signalling=pri_cpe
channel => 1-15,17-31

group=2
signalling=pri_net
context=alcatel
channel => 32-46,48-62

and in extensions.conf:

[telekom]
exten=> _9149.,1,NoOp(Call from ${CALLERID} to ${EXTEN})
exten=> _9149.,2,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN:4})
exten=> _9149.,3,Hangup
exten=> _9149.,103,Playtones(busy)
exten=> _9149.,104,Busy

[alcatel]
exten=> _X.,1,NoOp(Call from ${CALLERID} to ${EXTEN})
exten=> _X.,2,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})
exten=> _X.,3,Hangup
exten=> _X.,103,Playtones(busy)
exten=> _X.,104,Busy