[Asterisk-Users] multiple asterisk process ?

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Tue Apr 18 03:54:35 MST 2006

On 18 Apr 2006, at 09:27, Dave Cotton wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 09:13 +0100, Lee Archer wrote:
>> Any thoughts as to why only 1 of my boxes has this problem?
>
> Is it really a problem?
>
>>  I'm on a
>> 2.6 kernel so any more ideas?
>
> Can someone answer what was the original purpose of the
> "export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1" in the asterisk script?

We have it set on Fedora Core 1 systems (and equivalent vintage RHEL)
because RedHat backported the 2.6 kernel threads to their 2.4
kernel, and loads of things broke (oracle 9i, java 1.3 etc) so
we had LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1 set to force the old
(i.e. normal for a 2.4 kernel) behavior.

If you are running asterisk on a stable 2.6 kernel you
shouldn't set it.

By the way, the

cat /proc/*asterisk proc number*/environ | strings | grep
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL

only works if you are root, or whoever asterisk is running as. It
gives an empty result if
it has not got permission to read.

Tim Panton
tim at mexuar.com