[Asterisk-Users] DTMF Tones in RTP Payload as Well as in Events = Duplicate Tones

Wolfgang Borgon wborgon at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 17:36:01 MST 2006

Max,
 Did you ever resolve this issue?  I'm having similar problems.

Max Glucksmann <mglucksmann at comtel-networks.com> wrote: Dear friends,

As I commented some while ago in the list, occasionally when DTMF Tones are
sent, they appear in RTP Payload and in Events too, producing duplicate
tones being recognized. This behavior happens in Asterisk as well as in
Gateways such as Cisco, for which we had the opportunity to observe the
error and extensively debug it.

We ended up recognizing good digits by adjusting audio gain in the Cisco
IOS, but now some calls' volume is just too low to hear comfortably.

If you could let me know how to adjust reception gain in * it would help us
treat the problem from a different angle.

Resuming, we need to find support to modify rtp.c or dsp.c in order to
silence audio when tones are sent (received in *) from the user to * through
providers using CODECS G.723 and G.721 and DTMF recognition method RFC2833.

Regards,
Max Glucksmann
e-mail: mglucksmann at comtel-networks.com
Web: http://www.comtel-networks.com
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Glucksmann;Max
FN:Max Glucksmann (Fax del trabajo)
ORG:ComTel Networks, Corp.
TITLE:Director
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+1 (877) 467-2877
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+58 (500) MAXITEL (629-4835)
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+58 (414) 250-0909
TEL;WORK;FAX:+1 (954) 671-6800
TEL;HOME;FAX:+58 (212) 285-3320
ADR;WORK:;;Aerocav 1614, PO Box 25304;Miami;FL.;33102-5304;Estados Unidos de América
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Aerocav 1614, PO Box 25304=0D=0AMiami, FL. 33102-5304=0D=0AEstados Unidos de=
 Am=E9rica
EMAIL;PREF;FAX:Max Glucksmann (mglucksmann at comtel-networks.com)@+1 (954) 671-6800
REV:20051212T222729Z
END:VCARD