Faxing and PCI (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Digium cards, so disappointing !)

Nicholas Kathmann nicholas.kathmann at kathmannconsulting.com
Mon Apr 17 05:35:21 MST 2006

Lee Howard wrote:
> Rich Adamson wrote:
>
>> I don't believe you will ever get POTS -> FXO-TDM400P-to-anything to
>> work properly due to TDM card limitations. So, move all of those to
>> the bottom of your list.
>>
>> If you pay close attention to those postings from the last two years
>> in which users say "fax works", the majority of them (if not all) are
>> based on either a T1/E1 pstn connection, or, another piece of
>> external hardware that causes fax transmissions to bypass the TDM card.
>

> I and other iaxmodem users can say "fax works" with analog PSTN
> connections.  In my case, as well as those others of which I am aware,
> an X100P ("clone", er winmodem) is being used.
>
> Lee.

I agree with Lee.  I have about 30 machines in production using iaxmodem
and hylafax which work perfectly.  Most are running off of T1s, but some
are on TDM400 and TDM2400s.  I only use IBM servers (which are about
twice the cost for the low end Dells), and have never had to resolve an
IRQ problem.  I just looked up the hylafax usage reports on those people
running the analog FXOs, and one of them had 390 pages in the last week,
only one error, which I would consider acceptable.

Thanks,
Nick