[Asterisk-Users] FreePBX in Production systems?

stoffell stoffell at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 02:26:56 MST 2006

On 4/15/06, Min Hwan Chang <minchang at gmail.com> wrote:
> wondering if its stable enough to use. Currently I'm editing my own *.conf

Using it at multiple sites (ranging from 10-50 extensions).

> scripts but it sure would be nice if there were some sort of web interface
> for other people to use.  The only thing holding me back is the stability of
> the FreePBX package...  Any comments on this? Thanks in advance.

The "stability" ? freepbx is a web front-end to generate your config
files. the config files it generates (most importantly, your dialplan)
are well constructed. the setup is 'general', meaning you can use the
"freepbx-way" to serve many different purposes. if you want a very
slick dialplan suited for a specific environment, you might (!) be
better of writing your own. (but that means, you're on your own ;))

If all you want to do is 'bring out' a webinterface to let someone
edit the extensions, you can generate your own interface, or only use
the "extensions" module of freepbx.

choice is great, isn't it ? ;-)

cheers